Paris – Champagne cruise
Pays du Brie.
Take the best of three worlds: Paris, Champagne and Brie. Combine it with a colorful nature and a slow pace. Top it with delicious fresh local food. That’s what you get on this relaxing 7 day cruise between Paris and Château-Thierry. And then we didn’t even mention to visit the memorials of both World Wars.
- Day 1. Paris: Welcome on board. We hope you had a fine visit of the city already, or that you will stay a few more days after the cruise. Paris will submerge you in history, art, lifestyle and a bustling life.
- Day 2. Lagny: The surroundings quickly change once we leave the river Seine for the Marne and life becomes more relaxed. In the early afternoon, we arrive in the medieval city of Lagny.
- Day 3. Lagny / Meaux: Lock operations permitting, we continue our voyage to Meaux, or we stay another day in Lagny to enjoy this small town and surroundings.
- Day 4. Meaux: Known for its famous Brie cheese and musterd, this town also has a lot of interesting historic buildings to visit: cathedral, bishop’s palace, the old chapter, Bossuet garden, old city center… Having suffered in the battle of the Marne (Sept. 4-13, 1914), an American monument was inaugurated in 1932.
- Day 5. La Ferté sous Jouarre: Old centre of millstone production. Discarded millstones were used to build a quai on the Marne. Other places of interest are the city hall, church and Brittish memorial of the 1st World War.
- Day 6. Château Thierry: Birthplace of Jean de la Fontaine with a medieval castle, American war monument, former hospital holding the Hôtel-Dieu’s treasure, a 15th century church, a protestant church; Château-Thierry is a many-sided city. The vineyards offer changing colors, depending on the season, but their beauty is constant. Visiting the Champagne cellars dating from the Middle Ages enables you to understand how this precious nectar is made in a mythical setting.
- Day 7. Château Thierry: Farewell after breakfast.