Ingredients (serves 6)
Velvety soup of Celeriac with Gorgonzola
- 1 Celeriac (bio), peeled and in coarse dices
- 6 Celery stems: (bio, white or green with its leaves), in coarse pieces
- 3 big shallots, cut in coarse pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 l (4 pints) of chicken broth
- a bunch of garden herbs: 2 bay leaves, 3 sprigs of thyme, 4 sprigs of parsley
- fresh grounded black pepper, fleur de sel and some fresh grounded chili flakes
- 100 cc (3.5 fl Oz) of soy cream
- 1 tblsp of olive oil
- A piece of Gorgonzola
- Add 1 tblsp of olive oil in a big cooking pan. Start frying the shallots on a medium heat, add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Add the the dices of Celeriac and the Celery stems and leaves. Scoop together with the shallots and garlic. Deglaze with the broth, add the herbs, season with some black pepper and chili flakes. Put the lid on the pan and cook until all vegetables are tender. Take out the herbs.
- Blend the soup. Put it back in the cooking pan and bring back to the boil. Mix in the soy cream. Season with more pepper and fleur de sel.
- Put a piece of Gorgonzola cheese in the middle of hot serving soup bowls. Serve the soup at the table with the cheese still a bit visible.
- Stirring the melting cheese under the soup increases the velvety aspect.
- Serve it with a piece of freshly baked whole grain bread .